On Saturday, April 30th from 1-4 pm, my friend and brethren in wine Lenn Thompson, is organizing a charity wine tasting event that will benefit The Cody Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities at Stony Brook University. He has partnered his blog, The New York Cork Report, New York States go to website for all the latest wine information along with Lacrosse for Autism and Peconic Bay Winery, which will be hosting the event.
I plan on being there that day, along with my son Gabe. Tickets $40 with a significant part of that going directly to the charity. Attendees will enjoy $2 glasses of wine, all of which will go to the charity, wine-friendly snacks by Keith Luce of Luce-Hawkins, 10% off bottle purchases and access to the silent auction.
This is the NYCR second charity fundraiser. I missed out on the last one in September that benefited Angelman Syndrome. It was a great success and Lenn helped raise money and awareness for the cause. Lenn hopes to do the same again.
The silent auction looks to be delicious and exciting. I won a case of Peconic Bay Wine last year via texting, this year I will be doing it live. So far, here are some of the lots that will be part of the auction:
- Channing Daughters Winery: Case of Mosaico
- Clovis Point: 6-pack of 2007 Reds
- Heron Hill Winery: Red Wine Gift Basket
- Hunt Country Vineyards: Mixed Case of Riesling
- Jamesport Vineyards: Wine Four-Pack
- Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars: 4-Pack of Single-Vineyard Rieslings
- Luce-Hawkins: 3-Course Long Island Wine Dinner for 2 and 25% off a room for the night
- McCall Vineyards: Case of 2009 Rose
- Macari Vineyards: Case of Half Rose and Half Early Wine
- North Fork Table and Inn: Gift Certificate for Lunch
- Palmer Vineyards: VIP Tour and Tasting with Winemaker for 8 People
- Raphael: Boxed 3-Year Vertical of First Label Merlot
- Roanoke Vineyards: Boxed 3-Year Vertical of Gabby’s Cabernet Franc
- Robibero Family Winery: Mixed Case of Wine
- Sheldrake Point Vineyards: Ice Wine Gift Box
- Shinn Estate Vineyards: Mixed Case of Wine
- Wolffer Estate Vineyards: Bottle of 2005 Christian’s Cuvee
For those of you who have thought about joining Peconic Bay Winery’s Wine Club, wait until that day because Peconic Bay Winery has also generously offered to donate $100 for every attendee who signs up for their wine club.
To order tickets: Call Valerie Hallock at Peconic Bay Winery 631-734-7361.
- April 30: Wine Tasting Event at Peconic Bay Winery to Benefit Autism Research (lenndevours.com)
- Tickets Still Available: April 30: NYCR Wine Tasting Event at Peconic Bay Winery to Benefit Autism Research (lenndevours.com)