Just in case you did not know, On Sunday October 9th kicked off the 4th annual Drink Regional Wine. It runs through OCtober 15th.
What’s”Drink Regional Wine Week” you ask? Well this sums it up best. It was started 4 years ago by the site, drinklocalwine.com in an effort to get wine writers, bloggers and enthusiast to talk about something other than California, Oregon and Washington.
You won’t find that problem here on undertakingwine.com, but around the country people forget about the other 47 states that grow and produce wine.
This is your week Long Island. Let it shine. If you are tasting, drinking and enjoying a Long Island Wine, let me know. Post it here. And if you can come up with an essay in 47 words or less, send it to drinklocalwine.com and they will enter you into a contest.
To get better acquainted with why local wine is important and why Regional Wine Matters.
- 7 Things You Need to Know About Regional Wine (Jeff Siegel, Wine Curmudgeon) (lenndevours.com)
- What You Should Know About Regional #Wine (dmwineline.wordpress.com)
- DrinkLocalWine.com Celebrates Regional Wine Week with “47 Words” Contest (vintagetexas.com)
- Calling All Bloggers: Regional #Wine Week Begins October 9 (dmwineline.wordpress.com)
- Regional Wine Week 2011 (whywineblog.com)
- Regional Wine Week – Drink Local First Hudson Valley (hvwinegoddess.blogspot.com)
- 4th annual Regional Wine Week (winecompass.blogspot.com)